Sunday, October 21, 2007

I NEED TO FOCUS!

Lately, I've had no focus. My mind is in a million directions. Lists of things: whether to buy, to sell, to do, to start, to finish...consume my head like 10 chapters to be read in a book for a test at the end of the week!

I operate like a robot, sometimes. No changes in the routine - just follow it and let the day pass. This kind of shit gives me anxiety!

No...I need to get stuff done. Get my focus back. I'm not sure what it is that I am focusing on, but maybe it's to rid my life of the never ending lists of things I feel compelled to do.

Today - I have 2 goals:

  • Clean out the 6 rubber maid containers that hold stashes of junk and ditch what is trash, recycle what I can and repack, to save space in storage.
  • Clean my office/scrap-space, because it has turned into the dumping ground to keep the rest of the house clean!
All to be accomplished by 7:30pm - so that I can prepare to watch GAME 7 OF THE SOX vs. THE INDIANS!

If there has been something you've been "meaning to do" - quit reading my blog, go get it done and report back here in a comment about it!

XOXO

2:40pm - UPDATE!
Well, my status at 2:40 pm is I have gone through all of the rubber maid totes, organized, cleaned. Threw out what needed to go, put a small box of things aside that I'll sell on Craig's list or Freecycle. I made beef stew so that has been cooking on the stove all day. Laundry is going - 2 loads left to do. My closet is cleaned, organized and awaits fresh clean clothes! Front hall cleaned, trash is halfway down the stairs to go outside.
I am currently in my office/scrap space and I am typing this as I take a small break to eat a snack and regroup. I'll stare at the room for a few minutes and then decide where to start.

I AM FEELING GOOD! I FEEL FOCUS COMING BACK!

3 comments:

Penny said...

OK, I took your advice. Left your blog and went off and rounded up and put away stray left-behinds, started the dishwasher and a load of laundry, and sent that story off to the Globe. We'll see what happens. The only other "need to do" for the day will be to take a nap so I can stay awake later to see the celebration at end of the Sox game and still be somewhat pleasant to my coworkers tomorrow.

Gawain said...

Ok, I stopped looking at that mess in my kitchen, hoping in vain that it'd go away on its own, and finally cleaned it. My office...well, that's another project. LOL

Tanya said...

LES! Hi lovebug, how are you! Sorry to break it to ya...I've never met a "kitchen mess" that would go away! Now, get on that office! LOL!