Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Partial Breast Radiation

It's a NO GO! Met with a Radiation Oncologist from another clinic that does this "experimental" treatment. Talked about the option I was given to seek a consult about this idea. The idea being that I'd have radiation 2x/day for 5 days. Done.
Nope - not gonna happen. I'm too young. This Doctor, who was just the sweetest dear I've met told me that under no circumstances would she ever consider a 35 year old for an experimental study.

Back to the drawing board.

More later - I need sleep!

3 comments:

Penny said...

Yikes, I need details, details... Maybe we can make a weekend date? I'll "buy."

Julie E said...

You're so awesome girl!!! You'r truly an amazing person! I'm so proud of you for holding up through everything as well as you have. Love ya!!! Julie

~*AMY*~ said...

keep on keepin' on girlie...stay strong and you know where i am...just a phone call away!!!