Monday, February 9, 2009

-13

Yup, that's the total amount of weight lost since January 6th, when I decided to go back on Weight Watchers! Believe me, I've had my fair share of slip-ups, but I'm on the course and I'm doing good.

There are a few things I have found that has contributed to my little bit of success:

1. No more than 4-6 cups of coffee in the AM (in cups I mean real 8 oz. cups) with 4 Tbsp. of cream. See I won't drink coffee without cream, so I limited my intake of coffee to reduce the points I got from the cream. Coffee really doesn't give you but a 0.5 point, but the 4T. of cream is 2 points. In reality, that 2 points from the cream could mean a yogurt or a banana or something way more enjoyable than cream in some coffee. I used to drink upwards of 2 pots of coffee a day. Coffee also made me HUNGRY! I found that reducing my coffee, I was less hungry and was able to get through the morning without completely blowing my points by noon! Also, I drink hot tea (decaf) throughout the day, to give me that "hot beverage" fix. I don't put cream or sugar in my tea.

2. Once I start eating for the day, that's when I think about food the most. I try to push off my first meal of the day until after 11am, even if that's breakfast, I don't care. My ability to push off hunger until at least 11am or later contributes to being able to pace myself for the day.

3. I need exercise "structure". I went back to my aqua aerobics class, and I'd done very well at keeping up with it. I've missed the last 2 weeks ONLY due to work and being sick last week. I've since cleared my schedule to ensure I am available to go. Obviously things come up, I understand that. So the next session, I joined 2 classes so that I am can go to a class everyday if I want, or get in at least 2-3 different days so I am not missing only the Tues or Thurs classes. By signing up for 2 classes, there is a M/W/F class and a T/Th class. Never fails that something ALWAYS comes up on a Tuesday or a Thursday

4. I ONLY weigh myself on Monday AM because if I do weigh-ins during the week, I get sidetracked by the fluctuations!

Pics to boot later in the week!

1 comment:

Penny said...

GOOD FOR YOU! 13 and counting!!