Monday, February 20, 2012

AND, 6 weeks later!

Goals update:
  • Lose at least twelve pounds - I've lost 2
  • Bake 12 different things from a recipe - I've baked 4+
  • Make 12 projects -I've completed 2
  • Post on my blog at least 12 times a month -THUMBS DOWN
  • Make a 2012 photo book - In-process
  • Try 12 new recipes for dinner - I've done 2
  • Read 12 books - THUMBS DOWN
  • Write 12 snail mail letters and send - I did  1
  • Enjoy 12 fun things to do - January - Bonfire
  • Throw out 12 things I don’t need - In-Process
  • Learn to quilt - Studying the How-to's
  • Go to the gym at least 12 times a month - THUMBS DOWN

It's been 6 weeks since my last blog post? I have no excuses, and I hope to get back to it more regularly.
Going to the gym, reading books and blog posts are going to be the top 3 that will linger in my mind, because they are most important to me, as well as the 3 where I am lacking progress!

I started a book, couldn't get into it and finally decided "it is ok" if I don't read it. "Water For Elephants" was the book. I got it for Christmas - I hate circuses and I just couldn't get into it. I'm going to pass it along to someone else who may want to read it. I still have "The Help."

One of my mangers gave me a KitchenAid stand mixer (she'd have given it to me, but I couldn't "take" it without giving her something for it - it was just too nice of a mixer!) and I have been practicing baking things (mostly breads) since I got it! I'm going to do a recipe review post of the things I have made; from baking and dinner recipes.

In January, Paul and I went to West Newbury, where our friends live to go to the Tendercrops Bonfire. It ended up just being me and Tasha going and we had a BLAST! (The boys stayed back at the house and watched a movie)  It was so much fun and we can't wait to go next year! The East Coast has been spared a real winter this year and it's been so mild, that it's almost like Spring out! I think to date, we've had like 7" of snow for the Boston area so far, I am not sure if that includes the freak storm we had last Halloween or not. I certainly don't remember getting 7" since then.

No comments: