Thursday, September 6, 2007

Dr. appt. today!

Follow up Dr. appt. today - same news, I am potentially cancer-free and my surgeon continues to think that no radiation is necessary nor taking Tamoxifen for 5 years is necessary. I still have an appt. Monday with a medical oncologist and then an appt. with radiology to discuss the partial radiation issue and then to meet with another medical oncologist in Boston (2nd opinion) before making up my mind what to do. Personally, I'm already leaning towards no radiation, no hormone therapy and follow up with mammograms and MRI's every 3 months, but I am willing to hear what all Dr's have to say before I make a decision.

Standard of Care is lumpectomy>radiation/partial radiation>hormone therapy for Invasive Ductal Carcinoma of my type/stage/size. But, being 35, this puts me in the category of "we're not quite sure exactly what to do with you yet".

Back to work tomorrow!!!

No comments: