Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Thankful Day 6

It's ok to be thankful for materialistic things. About 2 weeks ago, I had to go pick up one of my individuals from work, to go to an appt. As I walked up to her work area, she was stringing beads. At first I thought, "Oh cool, she finally brought some crafts items with her, for the days when there is no work", when to my amazement, I took a closer look at the beads and spacers and found them to look very much like the beads that are used to make Mel's Bracelets! I took a quick moment of silence, to catch my emotions. I asked her supervisor if these were for Mel's Bracelets and she said yes.

It just so happens that I had ordered my bracelet the day before on the Mel's Bracelets website and was giddy with excitement, knowing that I was going to have one to wear! BUT, this bracelet means so much more to me now. Knowing that the very special people that I work with make these bracelets.

So, today, I am thankful for the Friends of Mel Foundation, the people I work with, the bracelet I wear with pride and the fact that one of my girls made this bracelet!

No comments: