Friday, February 15, 2008

Coming up to the surface for fresh air!

Just like the title says, I'm coming up for some MUCH NEEDED FRESH air!

BREAST CANCER UPDATE: Monday, I went for my check-ups with my Medical Oncologist who has now put me on Tamoxifen... (not that I've even dropped off the Rx to the pharmacy yet) ...and I also saw my Radiation Oncologist for a 1 month post-rad follow-up. I did finally get on the ball and signed all the necessary forms, consents and all that for the Young Women's Breast Cancer Study through DFCI and got a blood draw done for them as well. other than that, I'm fine, I'm healthy and I'm living.

Happy Valentine's Day! Sorry I missed it! Here are some chocolate's for you! MY FAVE!


Had a long week at work - but I survived it and passed our state survey that came in on Tuesday to see my group home. THAT went very well. But, without going into further detail, it was just a long week.

Speaking of work though, I am looking for a new job. I have found that at 35 years of age, I am finding that I cannot no longer be at the beckon and call 24-7. I want to save my sanity and de-stress. Not sure where I am headed yet, I have an interview on Tuesday...will share more next week.

So, my dad....he sent me 6, YES 6 bags of Dill Pickle Potato Chips (from Fargo, ND). I got a variety package this time with 3 different brands, 1 of which I think I can get here but that brand is not my favorite. My favorite is Barrel 'O Fun and Old Dutch, both of which you can only get like in ND and MN! So once in awhile Dad sends me chips! It's pure luxury having family in MN and ND...and it ain't because there is luxury in -30* weather!




So, I just took 4 days off from work - a much needed break. I'm going to watch all of my DVR'd Nip Tuck and American Idol episodes and eat Dill Pickle Potato Chips until a layer of skin peels off the inside of my mouth! (and it will!)

2 comments:

Gawain said...

Mmm....dill pickle chips. Love 'em!

Penny said...

You deserve a wonderful, long, relaxing break. Chocolates, salts, and appropriate beverages, along with your fav shows (mine are "Futurama" and Sean Connery "James Bond" flicks). Funny how it's the simple things that make us happy, isn't it?? How about Lendy's on Monday?