Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking...week 2!

OK, so I finished my LO for week 2 of Jessica Sprague's Up and Running with Photoshop class. (Much better improvement over last week!)



You might want to think that I actually made this (and last weeks) from scratch, but I didn't. See we get a quick page to start with and we added certain features (last week was a picture and a grungy frame, journaling, learning ways to adjust and rotate text, adding an element, etc.) and this week we built on what we learned last week and then we learned more about picture adjustments and alignment, brushes and titles, etc.

BUT, I think in today's email we do in fact learn to start from a blank slate. So you'll get to see more creative work from scratch. This was the part I couldn't wait to dive into, was the blank slate layout.

I know how to use templates and when I'm in a creative "slump", templates provide me the sketch I need and all I have to do is fill it in, like coloring when I was a kid. I did this template as part of a challenge for Lori Boka's blog - she has excellent templates (that I recently found!).




OK, off to go to work, have a great day!

No comments: