Sunday, June 8, 2008

Day 6, 7 & 8 - No shopping challenge...

The no shopping challenge is still going good - avoiding stores makes it a lot easier, really. I have a small confession though...I took one of my individuals to a garage sale yesterday morning after I took her to the bank and I found a Bodum French Press. I bought it because it was $1.00!!! Obviously people don't know the value of these things. This one is a 32 oz. and retails for like $40. I couldn't help myself, I've been wanting one for a long time. It was used, it was $1, I bought it...send me to shoppers anonymous. LOL!


Made some changes around here to give my blog a facelift. I like the white color, layout and the new header! I remember a day when I couldn't figure out how to change my header on my blog - after all I had been doing html work for YEARS, but I could not figure it out! Now with all of my new knowledge with digi scrapping and more knowledge of PSE6, and of course blogger finally made it easier to add headers, I'm all set!!

It's been SO HOT the last couple days, I woke up this morning, made myself a cup of coffee and was sweatin' by 930am. GROSS! It's definitely going to be an inside day. I won't go out in this heat or the sun, my fair skin doesn't tolerate it at all. Looks to be that scrapping is in my future today!

2 comments:

Penny said...

I like your new look! I've been thinking of making a change myself, which you will almost certainly attribute to the change YOU made, seeing as I changed mine to look like yours once before... So many decisions, so little time. I too detest this heat. Found a wicked spiffy place for breakfast up in Salem, NH, which we should keep in mind when it's OK to go shopping again and we can hit the flea market (maybe the designer-knockoff handbag folks will be back in action!)

Tanya said...

Sounds like a date - when the weather isn't too hot.
You can change your blog to look like mine, we can be twins!!