Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Sunday!

I think we got another 6-7" of snow dumped on us overnight. JOY! Wanna know why I'm a little excited? I don't have to go to work!

In other news, I took my Smokie to the vet yesterday, he's had a runny snotty nose and I decided to get him to the vet. $211 later, I got blood work done on him and a check up and the diagnosis? He needs his teeth cleaned and he doesn't have an infection warranting an antibiotic, but we did get some nose drops for him to help clear up the snotties. Smokie has been underweight for many years, he currently weighs 7.6 lbs. T'is why I got blood work done on him because I've often wondered if he has a thyroid issue, he eats like a horse. Let's pray its not diabetes though. I'll know tomorrow.

Poor guy though, when the Dr. took blood from his leg, he meow'd so loud and I could tell it hurt him. When we got home, he will barely walk on his leg and he walks short distances before he'll lay down. He's eating and drinking, but I just feel bad for my moka moka. He's a 90 yr. old man in an 18 year old cat body!

2 comments:

Penny said...

Too bad it's all snowy and crappy out, or I'd have Gracie drop by with a cardboard box. She has one to share. Those always make her very happy... in fact, she blogged about it just this morning!

~Kristen~ said...

Oooh, it is so hard when our furbabies are feeling under the weather. I will be praying for little Smokey to get better! :-)