Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The news...

The vet office finally called around 530p tonight, I was at work. Smokie's blood work indicated he has kidney failure (known as CRF - Chronic Renal Failure). More on the treatment plan by Friday if I get a urine sample overnight tonight, which will give us an indication of how it has progressed.

I'm really seeking strength right now that *I* can handle the Sub-Q treatments that I will have to do with him. I'm here to tell you that there is a reason I am not a nurse and one of those reasons is needles.

3 comments:

Penny said...

Oh Tanya. Deep sigh, slumpy shoulders. Serious and sincere virtual hugs and a kiss for your cheek. Much love too.

~Kristen~ said...

Sending lots of prayers and hugs to you and Smokie!

Gawain said...

Hi Tanya! I'm so sorry to read about Smokey's troubles. I'll be sending good vibes your way!

We need to catch up soon--love ya!