Friday, November 20, 2009

In the face of a tragedy...

The world lost a most gracious young lady yesterday. A young lady that for the past 4 years always made me smile when I saw her, she took the extra time to go out of her way to help others, she always treated everyone with the utmost of care and respect. A true gem.

I met her, when she worked in a doctors office that my clients went to. For all those years, she always took the time to make my folks feel special, welcomed and cared for (even myself). Never a task too tough, never a problem too hard. Always with a smile.

It was through her, that I met her mother, for we traveled through our breast cancer journey together. Her mother courageous and spirited; her father a strong, brave soul.

In the face of yesterday's unfortunate reality, a young girl, and a young man's lives lost. Shredding the hearts of their families and friends as they prepare to bury their daughter and move forward without her in it.

To my friend and her husband: may love keep you strong, may the support help you through your days. For this is the part that really sucks, the part where you have to move on without her in your life.

You are loved!

Whatever you need, count me in. I'm there!

2 comments:

Penny said...

thank you

~Kristen~ said...

Oh my gosh...this may be totally coincidental, but my Mom's co-worker just lost her daughter in an accident and I think my Mom mentioned that her friend from work had also faced breast cancer a few years ago. This was so heartbreaking when my Mom told me about this. My heart and prayers go out to your friend.