Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wedding Wednesdays

I don't have much new information to report. We are 74 days from the wedding. WOW! I can't believe it's just around the corner. I remember saying that this would be the fastest summer on record and I'll be honest - I don't mind! It's been very hot and muggy and I'm ready for Fall weather!

I have hit a brick wall with the wedding planning/preparing as of late. I have been working a lot these past few weeks due to some unplanned scheduling - no worries though - I needed the "wedding brain" break!

 I have to come to the realization that I'll need to have a flower plan. The only flowers I'll need are for myself and the bridesmaid's. I didn't want to make something for the men to have to wear because they are not wearing suit coats. I'm not sure if a boutonniere would look good on a dress shirt; with or without a pocket. I have funky ties for them and I want to leave it at that for them. They are wearing black shoes, black pants, black belts, gray dress shirts and a really awesome tie.

I've been on the lookout for Unity Candle Sets. One word that comes to mind when I see these is C.H.E.E.S.Y! I have decided to do our own Unity Candle set. Today I was out and about looking for pillar candles, but I couldn't find matching taper candles to go with. Some were too small, some were not tall enough, etc. I know where I want to go, to get the set. I'll grab everything tomorrow and then when I decorate them, I will share pictures!

Dollar Tree has been a great go-to for supplies. I found all of the vases for the tables that I want, and they are only $1 a piece! I got all of the flame less candles from there, too!

I put together a mini book about Paul and I at Shutterfly. I just finished and ordered the 8 x 8 book, which should be here in a few more days. I called it *p & t // a love story* - it's the story of how we met and our journey to engagement. I intend to do our *p & t // a wedding story* the same way, in a 12 x 12 book.

I wish I had more pictures to share, but I don't. There are a lot of things I really want to keep as a surprise.

No comments: