Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Playing catch up!

I hate when I start a post with "It's been awhile", Yeah, I know...it's been awhile. I did get our wedding photos all set up along with a video on another site - I'll share it later today or in the morning. Paul is uploading the wedding video as we speak.

I started a new job this past week with another organization. Leaving behind (almost) 5 years of service with my other employer. I just felt it was time to move on. I also wanted more $$, to be closer to home, and be in less traffic. So far, everything is going well.

Our tenants finally moved out, leaving behind quite a mess. I spent all day yesterday cleaning and it looks almost brand new. Our tenants were hoarders - though we didn't really find that out until they had lived here 6 months or so when Paul had to go in and look at some plumbing issues. I got to check out their obsession about 3 weeks ago when I demanded a pre-move out inspection - I was curious to see what it was going to take to get this apartment rented again. I also wanted to see potential damage.

They may have been hoarders, but I can at least say they were clean hoarders. The fridge/freezer was the worst, but a good helluva scrubbing, and miraculously it still works! It appeared that they had set the temperature so low, it wouldn't cool or freeze and we considered it a loss. They never hung anything on the walls so the walls which were painted 2 years ago look brand new!

So a little scrubbing and cleaning and the place looks grand! Thank god because Paul and I need to catch a break somewhere in this whole scenario. Paul will install a new vanity/sink this weekend and we should be able to start looking for potential renters by Monday.

I can't believe how Thanksgiving is in 3 days, already! This year seriously has just flown by! I'll be back later today with the wedding pics/video link and other fun holiday stuff I have going on!

XOXO

No comments: