Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hello Twenty-Twelve!

Ahhh, the busy-ness of the season! I certainly dropped the ball on the blog posting this past month, BUT I was working on my December Daily book - keeping a daily running commentary in a word document and saving lots of stuff to put in the book. I have a huge pile of ephemera and cards, etc. and I just ordered my photos and will go pick them up here in a couple hours. I'll probably set aside a little time tomorrow to work on it.

What are your New Year's Eve plans? We'll be heading out to Stewart's for a bit and then over to our friends place to bring in the New Year.

2011 was a year I'll never forget for many reasons. But I always love the magic of a new year, too. Cheers to twenty-twelve! Pop Champagne Ohhhh-Oh!






Auld Lang Syne
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and old lang syne ?
CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear, for auld lang syne, we'll take a cup of kindness yet, for auld lang syne.
And surely you’ll buy your pint cup !
and surely I’ll buy mine !
And we'll take a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We two have run about the slopes,
and picked the daisies fine ;
But we’ve wandered many a weary foot,
since auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We two have paddled in the stream,
from morning sun till dine ;
But seas between us broad have roared
since auld lang syne.
CHORUS
And there’s a hand my trusty friend !
And give us a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll take a right good-will draught,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS

No comments: