Friday, February 24, 2012

Pizza Bread

I saw a picture of pizza bread on Pinterest and knew immediately it was going to be a bread I wanted to make right away. It's a bread dough, with all of the ingredients you'd put on pizza (olives, onions, pepperoni, green peppers, mushrooms, etc) you roll it out, add cheese to the middle, close it up, then you bake it and dip in pizza or marinara sauce to eat. Let's just say that looks can be deceiving and so can well written recipes. Click here for the original recipe source and original picture.

The picture below is my pizza bread:


Pros: It looks delish!
Cons: No flavor, very bland and definitely needs SOMETHING! Don't make a double batch and cook it together, make 2 separate pizza breads. I think that because I made 1 loaf out of the double batch, it may have contributed to its demise.
Suggestions: I think maybe it needs a garlic butter twist to it, but not sure how that will fly with the dough rising or cooking. When using pepperoni or other meats, you need to render it to get the grease/fats off of it so it does not alter the dough... Maybe it could fare as a flatter bread, when completely baked you can add some garlic butter/salt to the top and then dip in sauce. I'll definitely try this again and change things up. It appears that even the author of the recipe had some separate trials too, when I read comments.

No comments: