Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day 1 - No shopping challenge...

Welcome to Day 1 of the June 2008 No Shopping Challenge!

You know how some of those people committed to a year of not buying anything new? They could ONLY get the things they needed (clothes, shoes, tv's, furniture, cell phone replacements, ipods, etc.) via Freecycle? I just could not do that. I seriously considered it at one time, made lists and lists of the pros and cons, and fought hard with my ability to have "will-power" for that long. Trying to commit to that for a year, I'd just set myself up for failure... I like to be realistic with myself.

I'm making a new scrapbook about "...On Being Green" and I am going to document how I do things now and try to change the way I do things... and then in a year, I hope to revisit the book to see how those changes have impacted me and my life and what my contribution is to living a greener lifestyle. it'll definitely be a work in progress book. It'll be an 8 x 8 book when done, although I am making the digi pages 12 x 12 right now (I can resize later) because I think this will end up a hybrid album.

If you care to join me on this quest...I will list my journaling prompts here as I go along...

..................................................................................................................................

Green Living Journaling Prompt 1

What is important to me in living more "green"?


Here is the cover and first page to my book:




No comments: