Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day 11-14 - No shopping challenge...

The shopping challenge has been going "ok" - I needed to get a new outfit as I am photographing a wedding today and it's pretty dress up, so I needed to pick up something nice to wear. Of course, I have dress clothes, but I'm fat and they are tight and I'm not going to do this uncomfortably. I already have to be outside in the heat, that in itself in enough excuse to buy anything!

So, I cheated a little. I'm still saving plenty by not buying "everything I want" - that in itself is challenging.



So, I got my hot little hands back on this BADASS camera (dust and all)! Of course I can't use it today because I didn't get the charger for the batteries in the bag, so I'll have to wait to play.

This is the first time I have done a wedding, but I do shots for an actor friend, so I'll be fine. The weather is good, the sun is shining, it's a 4pm wedding, the shots are all outside. One of my staff, her daughter is getting married today and my present to them was to do their portraits. They didn't intend to have a photographer at all, so I went all in, but made sure they understood that when I say have low expectations, to have low expectations, not that I expect anything to go wrong however, I am NOT a professional but am trying to learn and work on my skills as a photographer. Wish me luck!

Oh and Penny?

-9

As a 1930s wife, I am
Very Poor (Failure)

Take the test!

7 comments:

Gawain said...

Hey Tanya! Congrats on going back to school, and good luck taking pictures of that wedding. I'm sure they turned out great.

You guys have the heat, and we have all the rain and tornadoes. Gawd, you gotta love the midwest--not! LOL

Penny said...

Oh yes! I'm sure as well that the photos are wonderful! It was a great afternoon for a wedding (not too hot, not too cold... and the rain held off awhile). AS to that quiz... go back and take the husband's test and watch your score change dramatically. It is DO skewed to the boys' point of view!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! LOVE your new layout on your blog!! How did the wedding pics go? It's been too long since I visited here last. Just wanted to say HI & let you know I've been thinking about you.

Gawain said...

Haha, I was -32 on the housewife test.

Unknown said...

hey girlie!!!! i feel like i haven't talked to you in like forever, geesh.

i love LOVE the new layout of your blog. i was like damn, am i in the right place...love it

and congrats on going back to school. i give you mad props and i KNOW you can do it!

how did the wedding pics go? i can't wait to see them.

and i also CANT WAIT to see if you play along with gutter girlz...seriously, it's right up your alley! well, yours and mine lol...

love ya chica

Chelsea Parsons said...

ohhh how did the wedding photos go????? Share some faves ok. Thansk for buying my paper!!!! A fun little adventure for me that's made me about $8...... he he!! And your blog change is great...love it!

pearlsandchocolate.com said...

Good Luck! Your blog looks great - so I'm sure you have an artistic flair! The photos will be great! Great blog!