Saturday, July 2, 2011

39 to 40

I made a promise to myself that I would embrace the last year of my 30's and work on myself more. I've been a work in progress all of my life, just like everyone else. I've done the best I can to be a happy, well balanced person. I've achieved many things, I've lived through a multitude of changes and challenges, but I've failed miserably in the eat less and move more department.

This year, I promised myself to lose 39 lbs. before I turn 40. So on my 39th birthday, I joined Weight Watchers again (for like the 4th time, now!) and promised to get back up on the horse and get myself back in check.

Week 1 - 5/30-6/2 was the introductory period of just getting back in the groove and writing down everything I ate even if it meant I went over in points. I failed after a couple days because I let myself get too busy to stop and take time to document what I ate.

Week 2 - 6/3-6/9 I continued the quest of getting back in the groove of writing down what I ate. I failed again.

Week 3 - 6/10-6/16 another failed week

Week 4 - 6/17-6/23 FAIL

Week 5 - 6/24-6/30 FAIL

Week 6 - 7/1-7/7 so far = fail

I am so absolutely disappointed in myself. By now I could have literally lost 10 lbs. if I'd have just given a partial effort. I know my triggers and weaknesses, I know where I fail, and I know that if I can't get those things in check, I'm destined to be in the same old routine.

No comments: